A new website is coming soon!
In the meantime please check below for market dates and stall bookings,
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Come down on the 3rd Saturday of every month at Fitzroy Primary School
(corner of Napier St and Chapel St Fitzroy)
DATES FOR 2017
- July 15th
- August 19th
BOOKING A STALL
We are fully booked for May.
June & July are on sale now.
If you would like to be added to the waiting list please click on “Book Stalls Here” below and “Join Waitlist”.
If you are selling FOOD, PLANTS or CANDLES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get in contact first via email email@example.com and let us know what you are intending to sell first! There are very limited number of stalls available to sell food (and legal requirements), plants or candles. It is awkward for both parties if we have to issue a refund because we don’t have room or we have too many stalls selling the same type of food, plants or candles. Stalls are approximately 3 X 3 metres, clothes racks are approximately 1.2 metres long and tables are 1.8 metres long. If you are selling food you need to get in contact via firstname.lastname@example.org before booking as we have limited spaces and you need to show us your food registration paper work.
By purchasing your ticket you are agreeing to our Terms and conditions, which are:
1. Products that can & cannot be sold at the market – Products sold at the Fitzroy Market are foodstuffs, handmade and second hand goods. We do NOT accept: • Mass produced and/or factory produced goods • Counterfeit, pirated or copied goods • The sale of alcohol • The sale of food or beverage by stallholders without Certificate of Food Business Registration
2. Stallholder obligations – A stallholder must: • Stay for the full duration of the market. No pack ups/departures are permitted prior to 3pm • Arrive during their agreed ‘window of arrival’ time. • Abide by the ‘one vehicle per stall’ policy (see point (5), below). • Obey the directions of market traffic marshals when entering, driving within and exiting the market site • Be packed up and ready to begin departure by 3.15pm • Clean up after themselves, and dispose of rubbish responsibly
3. Obligations specific to carboot stallholders – In addition to the obligations outlined in point (2) above, a carboot stallholder: • Must park their vehicle on site within their designated 2.8 x 6.7 metre stall space. Their vehicle must remain on site until the market closes. • Must NOT bring a trailer, unless by prior arrangement with market management
4. Sharing stalls between multiple people – People can share a stall, provided each stall abides by the ‘one vehicle per stall’ policy.
5. One vehicle per stall policy – Stallholders are permitted only one vehicle per stall, and are provided with one on-site parking space for this vehicle. The sole exception to this rule is food vendors with a food van – food stallholders are permitted one vehicle in addition to their food van. Management reserves the right to eject stallholders who are found to have brought an additional vehicle and parked it offsite. This policy is strictly enforced to ensure that the market complies with Council permit conditions that access to public parking is not impacted by stallholders.
6. Arrival & Departure policy – Stallholders MUST arrive during their nominated 15 minute ‘window of arrival’ time, which will be communicated to stallholders as part of their booking confirmation. The market organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to latecomers. The market also reserves the right to request that stallholders who arrive earlier than their arrival window come back later. This policy is strictly enforced in order to ensure the market is compliant with Council permit restrictions, and to reduce pressure on the School’s limited vehicle access points.
7. Conditions of Entry to the Market – Management reserves the right to ask patrons or stallholders to leave the premises if behaving in an offensive or anti-social manner • Dogs are permitted ONLY if well controlled and on a leash
8. Safety Information – All stallholders must abide by the following safety regulations: Vehicles are only permitted to move within the site prior to the arrival of and following the departure of all patrons. Vehicle marshals will direct all vehicle movement. Vehicles must travel at walking pace while on site Stallholders must keep all goods and equipment within the boundaries of their stall so that there are clearly defined walkways through the market All electrical items, including appliances and leads, must be tested and tagged with a current tag Any stallholder using LPG gas must comply with the Gas Safety Checklist found at http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=sxnudiSMAfo%3D&tabid=216&mid=2137 All food vendors must comply with Yarra Council Temporary and Mobile Food Premises regulations found at http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/services/Health-and-Safety/Food-safety-and-standards/Temporary-food-stalls/ Stallholders must operate in a safe manner while on site and follow all directions of market staff
9. Refund policy – We will allow a full refund of your ticket up to 72 hrs before the market date, within 72 hrs you will forfeit your payment. You may also transfer your stall to another available market up to 2 days before the market date and are able to transfer a max of 4 times.
10. Stall holder Liability – the market has Public and Product Liability insurance that covers us for any injury that we may have caused or damage to the school property. However, if you personally cause any damage to property or another stall holder’s property you are liable for that. So, make sure and clothes racks or tables are secure and that you are mindful when moving your vehicle around the site..
11. Date change policy – Date changes can be made up to 5pm on the Monday prior to a market date. Requests for date changes must be made via email.
12. Wet Weather Policy – The market is never cancelled ahead of time, and will always go ahead in principal. As per our refund policy, there are no refunds in the case of wet weather. Stallholders are welcome to apply for a date change up to 5.00pm on the Monday prior should they be concerned about the forecast. In the event of ongoing and extreme weather the market may be shut down. A decision is made on the day, at the market, and in consultation with stallholders, when we can all see what the weather is actually like.